Buccleuch Park Forum Index
Buccleuch Park
Where we Live 
 FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in 

Lighting update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernimac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Lighting update Reply with quote

I thought the residents may be interested in the developments since the last neighbourhood watch meeting as regards lighting.
Below is an email I received from Councillor Matheson:-

Dear Councillor Matheson

Following the meeting with the residents last week in the Multicultural Centre at Garnethill I can advise you that we have now converted all the street lights to white light.

With regards to the footpath from Buccleuch St to West Graham St I can confirm that this is in Glasgow City Council ownership. I walked the path after the meeting and it does benefit well from borrowed light from the Motorway High Mast lights. I can imagine however that in the summer time when the trees are in foliage this will deteriorate. I will arrange to install columns in the path and will strategically position them to benefit the parking area as discussed.

Malcolm

Actions like this make being part of a neighbourhood watch all worthwhile I feel.

Bernadette McCluskey (106)
CM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Lighting Reply with quote

Excellent news.

Thought there was an improvement in the lighting .....

Thanks to those attending the meetings and to the council for taking action.

Catriona Murray (100)
bernimac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Lighting Reply with quote

Catriona,

Why don't you come to the next neighbourhood watch meeting it's at 7pm on 31st March at Garnethill Multicultural Centre. I will, as usual, be posting notices around the flats nearer the time.

Bernadette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> Common Ground All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: