Buccleuch Park Forum Index
Buccleuch Park
Where we Live 
 FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in 

Float Increase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> Factors & Property Management issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Float Increase Reply with quote

Dear all,

I have written to the Factors regarding the unfair increase on our float. I have linked below a copy of the letter I wrote (with blanks so you can type in your own details), in case you find it worth sending to the Factors as well..

Also, the residents of 100 Buccleuch St. are collecting signatures to have the charge completely scrapped. They have spoken with the Office of Fair Trading, who have said it is unfair and unreasonable for the Factors to demand such charges without consultation with the proprietors.

Should you wish to sign their petition or start your own, their letter is also linked here for your information.

http://www.buccleuchpark.net/files/floatincrease_all.doc
http://www.buccleuchpark.net/files/4_100.tif

Best!

Andreas.
PatH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Float increase Reply with quote

Hi Andreas

A Question. I intend to send your pre-printed letter to the factor, however I've not paid the current bill - did you pay the full bill, or did you withold the 'float' money?

Pat Harkins
1/108
Zukunft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smile

I have not paid yet. If I don't hear back from them within the week, I plan to send a cheque for the full amount minus the float increase...

Smile

A.
bernimac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Float increase Reply with quote

I too am up in arms about this.
The float, as far as I'm concerned, is a one-off payemnt made at the time of purchase.

The deed of conditions state "each proprietor shall pay to the Factor, within one month of entry to his dwellinghouse the sum of Twenty five pounds (#25) or such other reasonable sum as shall from time to time.....".

I have highlighted to the factor the operative word "or" in the deeds. the word is not "and"
they confirmed that I paid the £25, therefore as far as I'm concerned that is an end to it.

I am so glad to see that there is so much opposition to this.

I have written to Pauline McNeill MSP about this and await a reply.
bernimac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Float Increase Reply with quote

How would the concerned parties feel about having a meeting regarding what to do next re Hacking & Paterson's persistance in this matter?

I wrote again to them stating that to my mind what they are trying to do is illegal.
I also contacted Trading Standards who have been little help and merely referred me to PMAS. H & P have now written to me stating that they won't be chasing for payment meantime but should I wish to pay in instalments to contavt them.

If you all think that would be a good idea I will book a meeting in the Multicultural centre.
bernimac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Float Increase Reply with quote

Re my last post where I stated that to my mind what they are trying to do is illegal, obviously I am unsure about this perhaps there is someone in the forum who has sufficient legal knowledge to clarify.
PatH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did send "the letter", & received a letter of explanation. I don't know enough about these things, therefore I have just paid the money. I would imagine they would have it legally covered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> Factors & Property Management issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: