Buccleuch Park Forum Index
Buccleuch Park
Where we Live 
 FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in 

Neighbourhood watch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernimac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Neighbourhood watch Reply with quote

Not really a social event, but I just wanted to inform people that the next meeting of the
neighbourhoos watch is
MONDAY 22/1/08 at 7pm in the Garnethill Multicultural Centre.
GWright

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bernimac,

I just wondered what kind of issues have been raised at the neighbourhood watch so far?

I am concerned at neds hanging about in our area at times - when I first moved into the building, the factor informed me there had been a spate of car vandalism.

Also, I have seen drunken teenage neds staggering about Garnethill several times - ##shouting, urinating in the street etc. Indeed, a friend and I were nearly robbed (of some beers we had just bought and were carrying home) by such eedjits as we walked past Garnethill park a few months ago; fortunately they didnt succeed, but did verbally abuse us and hurled objects as they ran off.

I wondered if the Police are aware of these issues, and if they might take the time to actually do something about it?

Des Fick (Community police) spoke in a letter to residents of a "robust response" to car vandalism and other issues, but in 7 years of living in Garnethill, I have personally seen Policemen on foot in the area just twice. Both times it was during the day when any trouble is least likely to occur.
bernimac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Neighbourhood watch Reply with quote

Hi Mr Wright,

The issues discussed at the neighbourhood watch recently have been efforts being made to protect Buccleuch Park from criminals - better lighting and dense shrubbery being some of the issues mentioned. My own car was vandalised 4 times in as many months and this is only now not happening because a kind neighbour has allowed me to use her parking space temporarily. The space I park in is so dark and sheltered that the car can easily be vandalised without anyone noticing. Having said that, I have a car alarm and am at a loss to understand how not one person has heard it on any occasion.

We also discuss with the police the crime stats in the area.

In the police's defence can I just say that had it not been for their support (the community police in particular) I would have sold my flat by now as I was so scunnered with the incessant vandalism.

There is a neighbourhood watch meeting on Monday 22/1/08 at 7pm in the Garnethill Multicultural Centre - we'd love to see you there.

Regards

Bernadette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buccleuch Park Forum Index -> Social Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: